The main and routine tasks of the game designer are to understand the intentions of the creative director for the player so as to design systems that are in keeping with the vision.
What You Will Do
- Understand the intentions of the creative director for the player so as to design systems that are in keeping with the vision.
- Define the skills that the player must possess and their efficiency in overcoming the various obstacles.
- Adjust the game systems so that the player is able to establish strategies without any of them being more dominant than another.
- Formalize and document the systems in order to communicate them to the programming and design teams.
- Describe the basic game situations (skills vs. obstacles) so as to collaborate with the level design team in establishing the levels of difficulty.
- Work in collaboration with the level design team so as to create the typical game situations that will be used in the levels.
- Work on control ergonomics and menu functionality principles.
- Update the team’s design documents.
- Verify that the systems that are developed are coherent with the work of the key specialties within the team.
- Carry out all of the adjustments so as to facilitate game and system control and understanding.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Relevant studies in Game Design or equivalent.
- Past internship/ work experience in Game Design, ideally working with consoles (PC/ PS4/ XBOX/ Nintendo Switch).
- Working knowledge with 3DS Max / Maya.
- Ability to accept critique, ability to listen.
- Excellent critical sense.
- Excellent communicator (spoken and written) and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm