Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
As part of the Front Office (FO) IT department the Equity derivatives development team oversees the development and support of FO tools used daily by traders and sales. The Front Office developer trainee will be part of this IT development team and will participate in day to day support and application development.
The team sits in the dealing room and interacts continuously with the front and middle office users.
The Equity derivatives trading desks deal Delta 1, Equity finance and Volatility products. The main assignments for a FO developer are to develop and support applications for the Equity derivatives trading and sales team.
Depending on the candidate background the trainee will focus either on the development of service in Java/Spring or the development of macros in Excel/VBA.
What you will do
- Participate into FO applications development
- Involve into the day to day support for the FO users
- Help manage user’s requirements/problems and identify business priorities
- Communicate and report to IT peers and trading teams
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- Good knowledge and/or first experience in Java development and/or other object-oriented language
- Good knowledge of Excel/VBA macros development
- Knowledge of Equity derivatives products
- Innovative and passionate about technology
- Strong analytical mind
- Well organized, reliable and quality oriented
- Good communication and team spirit
- Fluent in English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Engineering
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2018, 6:00 pm