Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities (Job Objective)
- Assist the three NCG divisions by contributing to value-added short and long-term projects that secure the business and/or enhance it.
- Own various projects with increasing level of complexity within the Operational Risk and Electronic Trading Management divisions (once enough experience has been obtained)
- Develop strong knowledge of Global Markets Activities, Processes, Risks and Controls by interacting both with NCG team as well as BMO’s, traders, sales and engineers.
- Develop strong practical knowledge of the regulatory framework around the activities within MARK business
- Develop practical knowledge of the tools and referential data used in the management of Operational Risk and use those tools to record, report and analyse operational risk indicators.
- Use above knowledge to proactively identify risk and design relevant, pragmatic control frameworks to mitigate risk.
- Work with NCG to pro-actively assess and prevent Operational Risk, with an eye both on securing the business and help developing business.
- Respect the SG Code of Conduct and the Trading and Sales Handbook guidelines.
- Approach projects with sustainability, scalability and automation as key requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Cooperate with first, second and third line of defence teams both on the business side as well as on the support functions (operations, information technology, etc.)
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Skills & Competencies requirements
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Physics, Mathematics, Law or related discipline
- Sound Financial Industry knowledge would be preferred
- SFC Paper 1, CFA, FRM, MBA holders would be an advantage
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English, Cantonese. And French would be an advantage
- Good problem solving, investigation skills
- Sound computer skills, excel skills
- Programming skills in VBA, Python, C/C++ would be an advantage
- Proactive, willingness to learn in a fast pace environment
- A strong team player in working with various stakeholders in a complex organization environment
SG CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. SG CIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public-sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
MARK is the Global Markets division within CIB and offers a broad range of services to investors across the world through its sales, trading and financial engineering divisions across different business lines (equity, fixed income & currencies).
The Norms, Controls & Governance team (NCG) is an integral part of the Global Markets division. NCG defines, implements and monitors the First Line of Defence framework for MARK’s day to day activities, excluding market and counterparty risk. As such, NCG team manages operational risk in its different manifestations, which includes understanding and overseeing the different processes within the Business Lines, assessing weaknesses and risks in those processes and design controls to mitigate those risks. In addition, the team provides reports to MARK management.
NCG is composed of Anti-Fraud Management, Operational Risk Management and Electronic Trading Management divisions, focussing on their respective aspects of risk.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Student Visa, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2019, 3:00 pm