With innovation as our DNA, you will be part of the dynamic Schroders team to champion pioneering work here in Asia. Every year, we take on a select group of graduates and tailor development programs based on your aspirations.
You will join our global graduates for a kick-off to the Graduate Programme in London, followed by rotations within and across functions to enhance your understanding of our business, and training opportunities to develop deep expertise in the area you have chosen to work in.
We look for passionate, innovative people who strives for excellence and goes the extra mile to make an impact, are you up to the challenge?
What You Will Do
We are looking for analytical and innovative interns to join our Operations division in Singapore. You may be placed with any of the operational teams such as Operations Change, Data Services, Trade Operations, Cash Operations, Asset Servicing, Reconciliation, Operations Onboarding, Reporting, Performance, etc.
- Collaborate and engage multiple internal and external stakeholders, such as Investment, Product, Distribution, Dealing, Trading Support, Brokers/Counterparties, Custodians, etc, subject to the team which you may be placed.
- Gain exposure to different cultures, through engaging stakeholders in different geographical locations, whether regional or globally such as Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, or London, etc.
- Develop markets and business knowledge across various portfolio structures, instruments, markets, benchmarks, sectors or industries through daily activities.
- Acquire ability to multitask, while ensuring accuracy under dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Obtain better understanding of the nature of asset management business, infrastructure, challenges, operating model and business workflows.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You should be in your penultimate year of studies.
- Highly motivated individual who has a genuine interest in the financial services industry and is able to operate under fast paced environment.
- Produces exceptional quality of work demonstrating precision and structure.
- Works well in a team to achieve group goals and can perform independently on individual assignments.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of applying intelligent, insightful and practical judgement to the area of work.
- Strong communication skills. Able to articulate and engage stakeholders of all levels.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favourably, eg volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to build strong relationships and facilitate conversations across differing levels and types of stakeholders.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2019, 6:00 pm