With innovation as our DNA, you will be part of the dynamic Schroders team to champion pioneering work here in Asia. Every year, we take on a select group of graduates and tailor development programs based on your aspirations.
You will join our global graduates for a kick-off to the Graduate Programme in London, followed by rotations within and across functions to enhance your understanding of our business, and training opportunities to develop deep expertise in the area you have chosen to work in.
We look for passionate, innovative people who strives for excellence and goes the extra mile to make an impact, are you up to the challenge?
What You Will Do
The Cognitive Science and Automation (CSA) unit started out in 2017 with the purpose of driving the adoption of latest technology trends and development within Schroders. The initial focus was on utilization of RPA solutions to automate existing business processes. Now the team is expanding the capabilities beyond RPA and is experimenting and evaluating how Cloud, Machine Learning, and AI can be leveraged within Schroders.
As an intern with the Cognitive Science and Automation (CSA) team, you have the opportunity to immerse into the latest technology that the team is bringing into Schroders. Your work will comprise of experimenting with latest Cloud/Machine Learning technology, understanding the limitations, evaluate its suitability for the business use cases, implementing the business solution with the most appropriate technology stack, and providing support and user training for the developed solution. You will be assigned to work on initiatives under a time critical environment.
By the end of the internship, you would have attained a broad understanding of the operating environment within the financial sector and experience on how solutions and technology are evaluated, implemented, and delivered to the business units.
- Collaborate with the CSA team members on business process identification.
- Engage effectively with multiple stakeholders, across Technology and Business SMEs.
- Analyse and solve complex business problems with speed and efficiency, develop technology solutions to these problems and manage configuration project deliverables through the automation lifecycle.
- Support the creation of relevant documentation.
- Liaise with other departments/entities to build and develop good working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You should be in your penultimate year of studies.
- Fundamental understanding and interest in technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning, RPA).
- Experience in programming (e.g. Python, Node.js, C#, R).
- Exposure to databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), Cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Interest or knowledge on Machine Learning/AI.
- Strong communication skills.
- Passion in wanting to do things better.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking; carry out objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to inform decision making.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favourably, e.g. volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2019, 6:00 pm