With innovation as our DNA, you will be part of the dynamic Schroders team to champion pioneering work here in Asia. Every year, we take on a select group of graduates and tailor development programs based on your aspirations.
You will join our global graduates for a kick-off to the Graduate Programme in London, followed by rotations within and across functions to enhance your understanding of our business, and training opportunities to develop deep expertise in the area you have chosen to work in.
We look for passionate, innovative people who strives for excellence and goes the extra mile to make an impact, are you up to the challenge?
Good compliance is good business, especially in an organisation which places great store by our long term view and our reputation in the modern world of heightened regulatory and political pressure. Working in the Compliance function can offer you an excellent diverse business training in Asset Management, as regulatory risk management is now commonly at the heart of business strategy, management and control.
What You Will Do
The Compliance function is responsible for managing Schroders’ relationship with our financial regulators, advising colleagues on often complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping Schroders manage our regulatory and reputational risks. This is a Singapore-based compliance function, which is principally concerned with the regulatory requirements and expectations of the overseeing policy and practice to address regulatory requirements set by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and UK regulations where Schroders is lead regulated.
Our team members in the Compliance function interacts actively with our colleagues in all areas of the business, including Fund Managers, Analysts, Marketing, Operations, Legal, Finance, HR and Risk Functions. We work together to analyse both existing and new regulatory requirements and collaborate in designing, developing and implementing solutions for continual relevancy and effectiveness to meet these regulatory demands. The effective management of which is now so significant to the success and prosperity of a major financial services business.
A graduate trainee in Compliance will contribute to and gain experience of the function’s role in working with business colleagues across the above areas.
Exposures Might Include:
- Analysing the impact on Schroders of a new regulation and suggesting possible considerations.
- Designing and implementing relevant training courses.
- Advising compliance clearances for colleagues in any business area, such as with fund and strategy-related marketing collateral review, investment guidelines and restrictions adherence assessment.
- Working with team members to facilitate appropriate notifications to regulators, including substantial shareholding disclosure.
- Assisting team members to conduct due diligence on outsourced service providers.
- Conducting joint-feasibility review to assess robotic automation process deployment opportunities.
There are likely to be opportunities to work overseas for a period of time in appropriate cases.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Genuine interest in the business of investment management and the legal, regulatory and risk management environment in which it is conducted.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good organisational and project management skills to manage different tasks with competing deadlines.
- Solid analytical skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Reliable, self-motivated.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work well independently and within a team.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:23rd Nov 2019, 6:00 pm