The Data Analyst will be working on a variety of research projects.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for database creation, management, and analysis across multiple relational database systems (e.g., MS Access, Filemaker) and data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R). We are looking for candidates with extensive knowledge of these data systems, utmost attention to detail, and facility with both basic and complex data analytic tasks. The ideal candidate will also have experience in social and behavioral research methods.
What you will Do
- Ongoing data management (in MS Access, Filemaker, and SPSS) for several large, ongoing NIH-funded projects focused broadly on HIV prevention
- Conduct quantitative analyses (including complex multivariate models) in SPSS, SAS, and MPLUS
- Data documentation, tracking, cleaning, and syntax development
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems, and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them
- Troubleshoot data-related problems
- Support others in the daily use of data systems
- Assist with manuscript creation, reports, and other analyses
Required Skills and Abilities
- MS in Statistics, MPH in Biostatistics, or related master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in Python and/or other programming languages preferred
- Fundamental understanding of research methodology, design, measures, and psychosocial research
- Proficiency in database creation, management, and data extraction in relational databases, including MS Access and/or FileMaker
- Expertise in SPSS, SAS, and MPLUS for data analysis and data management
- Facility with complex multivariate statistical techniques
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:11th July 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.