As the Intern, Finance, you will assist the Core Financial Control team to perform daily routine financial control functions for various RBC legal entities in Hong Kong and China.
These functions include month-end closing deliverables, bank reconciliations, daily journal posting, team administration tasks, various ad hoc projects and efficiency initiatives. Build value-added partnerships with fellow team members and other support functions to maintain and enhance financial control environment.
What’s In It For You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities:
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to building close relationships with the business.
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies.
What You Will Do
- Perform month-end closing tasks and daily journal postings.
- Handle daily reconciliations for nostros accounts and other balance sheet items.
- Assist other team members to prepare routine or ad-hoc reporting tasks.
- Handle daily team administration and document archiving/filing.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Assist to promote and implement HK Financial Control projects that deliver process efficiency and enhanced control.
- Embrace changes for new business initiatives, work with team members to provide inputs for projects, drive enhancement on reporting tools, and support the team to conduct user acceptance testing.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across Hong Kong.
- Provide value-added inputs to projects from Finance perspective.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate student in Commerce/Business discipline.
- Internship experience in Finance department of a commercial organization.
- Major in Finance or Accounting.
- Basic understanding of general accounting principles.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic MS-Office skills (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proactive, with a high attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm