Placement and Duration
The Summer Internship is a 10-week program designed as an opportunity to learn more about the important role that Research plays within Morgan Stanley. There are many opportunities to network with management and other representatives through lunches, seminars and social activities. Research Summer Analysts also receive significant support from managers and mentors. Midsummer reviews are given to assess your performance, enabling you to improve throughout the summer.
What you will do
This intensive 10-week program includes a Firmwide orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and division specific training. Your training will continue throughout the summer with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced colleagues through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
- Work within a sector team with the leading Analyst to support their franchise by completing value-added projects.
- Manage projects such as industry, company and market analyses, and participate in the publication of research reports and presentations.
- Learn about the specific industry, how to analyze the companies within that sector, what drives share prices, and how to write to a specific audience.
- Analyze emerging trends in an industry or macro economy to develop original insight and review findings with experienced team members.
- Update and build financial models on the companies and industry you follow.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are an undergraduate in your penultimate year of study with a strong interest in the financial markets.
- You have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to take ownership of your work and deliver results.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- You have intellectual curiosity, focus, creative problem-solving abilities as well as a keen research instinct.
- Fluency in English is required. Asian languages are preferred in AP countries outside of Australia.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:16th September 2018, 6:00 pm