Our Industrial Placement Program aimed at undergraduates who are either required by their degree or are able to complete a longer internship period. The six month internship begins in January and is designed to provide a realistic view of Investment Banking by having the interns assume the functions of Full-time Analysts. You are typically assigned to a specific group where you will work on a variety of transactions. Along the way, you will obtain a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis and deal execution. You will be expected to start learning how to market the Firm’s products and services effectively.
What you will do
This intensive 6 months program includes an orientation to Morgan Stanley’s businesses and classroom training on our Investment Banking Division (IBD). Your training will continue throughout the 6 months internship with structured learning sessions run by experienced executives. Similarly, you will have many opportunities to integrate with peers and experienced staff through a series of networking, social, charity and mentoring events.
The work is challenging, and Industrial Placement Interns are encouraged to roll up their sleeves, dig into financial statements and construct innovative solutions. Assignments vary depending upon group placement, but typically include:
- Analyzing financial and operating information relating to corporations and industries.
- Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance.
- Building models to depict projected financial results and to value companies.
- Developing marketing memoranda.
- Participating actively in the execution of financing and/or M&A transactions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are a university student in your penultimate year of study or first-year Master’s student with outstanding academics.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic who thrives with confidence when faced with intellectual challenges.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data, manage multiple projects, provide complicated financial analysis and develop appropriate corporate finance solutions.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to form effective working relationships through collaboration, strive for excellence and exhibit the highest ethical standards.
- Fluency in English is required. Asian languages are preferred in AP countries outside of Australia.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
- Position Type:Full time
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:23rd September 2018, 6:00 pm