The Fixed Income Programme is aimed at undergraduates who are either required by their degree or are able to complete a longer internship period. The six month internship, which is based in Hong Kong and begins in January, offers you the opportunity to learn about a variety of product areas, while providing a clear understanding of how the business operates as a whole. Following an initial period of training and induction, you will be assigned to a particular team where you will spend the remainder of your placement. Interns are treated as full-time members of the team and work alongside experienced professionals at all levels.
What you will do
Industrial placement interns participate in an orientation day and training program and will be given extensive learning opportunities including technical training and lunch-time speaker series with experienced executives, mentoring, networking, charity and social events.
Opportunities exist across the following business areas:
- Sales: Work alongside experienced employees to learn how we build our client base and establish and maintain longterm client relationships. Assist with developing and presenting investment ideas and the fundaments of selling and cross-selling the Firm's products.
- Trading: Execute trading ideas and analysis, and support all aspects of the market-making trade execution process, from providing research analytics on trades to relative value analysis
- Structuring: Design both investment and risk management products across all asset classes.
- Analytics: Provide quantitative and qualitative metrics and analytics around client revenue and profitability to drive internal business and client strategy; work with clients to efficiently manage their commission dollars by creating increased transparency around the services that clients value
Required Skills and Abilities
- You are an undergraduate in your penultimate year of study with a strong interest in the financial markets.
- You possess strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are able to communicate clearly and succinctly and thrive under pressure and ever-changing situations.
- You analyse and interpret complex information quickly and accurately.
- Study in a financial discipline is not essential, although you should have a strong aptitude for numbers.
- You actively generate and share new ideas and are committed to achieving your career goals.
- Fluency in English required.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance
- Position Type:Full time
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:23rd September 2018, 6:00 pm