The Mastercard Launch program – Mastercard LABS - Software Engineering is aimed at early career talent, to help you develop skills and gain cross-functional work experience. Over a period of 18 months, Launch participants will be assigned to a business unit, learn and develop skills, and gain valuable on the job experience.
Are you a talented software developer with a passion for technology development and innovation? Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies? Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation and a strong sense of ownership to succeed?
Mastercard LABS, Mastercard’s global research and development division, is looking for brilliant and passionate software engineers to join its global Research & Development (R&D) team.
In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers within Mastercard Labs, working to build product prototypes and pilots.
What You Will Do
This is an opportunity to become part of a world class engineering team, focused on trending topics and issues globally. The job offers opportunities to create innovative payment/commerce solutions, experiment with cutting edge technologies and develop prototype/pilot projects.
You will be responsible for delivering quality work as the Associate Analyst in the consulting services business.
- Design, code, document and test components / subsystems to a world class standard in an agile way.
- Be solution oriented – find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirements on time.
- Work independently with teamwork spirit.
- Ensure adherence to established software development process.
- Share knowledge of various technologies to other team members.
- Targeted Learning & Development - You will participate in a training program aimed at developing competencies in business acumen, leadership & interpersonal skills, and project management.
- You will have the opportunity to work with your peers on various business projects which aim to provide enhanced work experience outside of your day-to-day role.
- Mentorship & Executive Sponsorship - You will work with our dedicated leaders–successful managers and executives who inspire, mentor, and coach others toward successful careers here at Mastercard.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Education - Final year of Bachelor’s Degree (all majors are welcome to apply).
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.2 (or CAP of 4) strongly recommended.
- Deep understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools.
- Support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resource.
- Working as a member of a geographically distributed project team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Languages - English required & an additional languages a plus.
- Backend (Java/2JEE, Grails, Spring, Rails, Python, Node JS, API design, Microservice Architecture).
- Mobile (iOS, Android).
- Database (Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Others (Hadoop, Arduino, Machine Learning).
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm