The 2019 Summer Internship Program is for students enrolled in major fields of study that align with full-time employment opportunities at John Deere. Students may enter the program during undergraduate or graduate studies. The majority of our internship experiences are offered in the summer months, usually lasting 13 weeks.
What You Will Do
- Provide support and basic troubleshooting for current operations.
- Investigate, gather and analyze data for specifically assigned, recurring tasks.
- Implement new manufacturing processes and technology.
- Develop and implement plans to support lean manufacturing scope.
- Design operations layouts to improve material flow and material presentation.
- Establish routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs.
- Identify and implement cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic improvement ideas.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Ag Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Weld Engineering or related degree.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Minimum cumulative GPA required of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
- Freshman, Sophomore, or Entry standing.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:12th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm