Hang Seng’s legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber. Our professional legal advisers work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to our management and the business and other support functions.
If you are interested in developing a career in the banking industry and gaining hands-on experience and exposure in a reputable bank before graduation, please come and join our Co-op Programme of Legal (LGA).
Potential Career Path:
An internship is the beginning of an exciting journey that could take you to future leadership in the banking industry. Perform well and you will be considered for early selection of Management Trainee or other graduate opportunities.
- Comprehensive Training - Training programs are provided for your good understanding of Hang Seng’s core businesses and structure.
- Mentorship - To support and guide you along the way, an experienced mentor will be assigned to you. He / she will give you regular feedback, advice and encouragement.
What You Will Do
- Assist Legal Counsels in dealing with legal matters arising out of the operations of the Bank locally and overseas.
- Assist Legal Counsels in reviewing the Bank’s working procedures and contracts to ensure that there are adequate legal protection to the Bank.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory updates that may impact the Bank and provide a useful summary to Legal Counsels.
- Handle legal research, data maintenance and management.
- Assist in the compilation and completion of various returns to the Group and implementation of compliance procedures and standards as directed by the Group’s manual and policies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Non-final year full time undergraduate students, or degree holder with deferred full time master degree offer.
- University students from all disciplines are welcome (preferably students who have completed at least one year of law school e.g. LLB, J.D., PCLL).
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to learn.
- Good spoken English and Chinese.
- Good knowledge of application software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) & Chinese Word Processing.
- Permanent residents of Hong Kong or holding a valid Hong Kong work visa.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm