The HKEX Summer Internship Programme offers university students an opportunity to learn about the business and services of HKEX as well as gain valuable insight into the workings of the financial markets while developing practical on-the job experience in its operations. It also provides students with an opportunity to consider the financial services industry as a potential career and helps them decide where their future career interest lies.
The programme starts in June and continues through August. The maximum employment period for each intern is 8 weeks. Depending on the background and the interests of the students, and subject to the requirements of different departments, the students will be arranged to work in relevant departments that have projects and special work assignments for them. The type of work may include policy research, financial data and statistical analysis, information management, data input, programming, drafting, reporting, system support as well as administrative and clerical duties.
The programme is non-rotational; each intern will be assigned to work with HKEX staff members on a specific project or other work assignments in one department. While on the job, interns will be given real responsibilities designed to give them a sense of what they would be doing day to day as a full-time HKEX employee. They will be fully integrated into the department, and are expected to make a valuable contribution to the team.
- High calibre penultimate year university student on target for a degree to be completed in 2020
- On track for, or achieved, minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA or 2:1 degree
- Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative aptitude, good communications and interpersonal skills, leadership track record, good understanding/enthusiasm of financial services in Hong Kong
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese or Putonghua)
University students who do not meet the job requirements above may be considered as a Summer Assistant to provide support in daily operations such as data processing, documentation, and other ad-hoc tasks.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2019, 3:59 pm