The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Data Center Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending on your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
What You Will Do
- Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related issues on server.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a diploma in an Engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or certification.
- Experience with computer hardware and server hardware or troubleshooting/diagnosing.
- Experience in operating Linux operating systems.
- Experience in networking protocols.
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in project management and leadership.
- Must have work authorization in Singapore.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm