The Microsystems team at GE Global Research is looking for candidates who have recently completed a doctoral program and interested in continuing as a Microsystems post-doctoral researcher with a specialization in Bioelectronics and/or Biomedical engineering. Research areas of interest include bioanalysis, design and development of bioanalytical microsystems, device manufacturability and scale-up, bioelectronic and bio-optical testing.
What You Will Do
- As a microsystems post-doctoral researcher, you will conduct research on state-of-the-art Bioelectronic and Biomedical Engineering devices for the advancement of device effectiveness along with expanding the fundamental understanding of Bioelectronics and Biomedical Engineering.
- Work with a team of Scientists, Engineers and technicians pushing the state of the art in Bioelectronics.
- Communicate status updates with key stakeholders within and outside GE Global Research.
- Design and perform experiments along with back end statistical data analysis.
- Design and develop diagnostic devices and bioanalytical microsystems.
- Publish papers based on research results.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate of an accredited doctoral program with a focus on biology, biomedical or biological engineering, biological systems, microfluidics, bioinstrumentation, and/or electronics.
- Direct experimental experience with bioanalytical microsystems or bioelectronics.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, fabricating, and testing of diagnostic devices along with bioanalysis.
- Experience in prototyping devices and testing on cells, organisms, tissue, and other biological materials.
- Design experience using software platforms such as Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, ProE, etc.
- Proficiency with manufacturing techniques and approaches for microfluidic devices.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Experience in performing relevant biological protocols for testing of diagnostic devices.
- Good interpersonal skills, initiative, high self-confidence and have goals for a career in industrial research.
- Good presentation, speaking, organizational, and problem-solving skills, thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to change and willingness to be flexible in a global team environment.
- Experience in proposal writing.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:31st July 2018, 6:00 pm