As the Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for utilizing your knowledge of electrical system design to complete on-site commercial and industrial projects. The Electrical Engineer will survey proposed project locations and identify the required scope of electrical work and develop budgetary cost estimates.
What You Will Do
- Perform basic electrical design calculations and standard computations such as power system loading requirements and required building illumination levels.
- Perform field surveys to obtain pertinent information for the electrical system design. Construct one-line diagrams, equipment installation details, panelboard schedules and all other critical construction drawing elements to ensure clear, concise and constructible drawings.
- Design of low voltage lighting, access control, fire alarm, and motor control systems.
- Develop electrical system equipment layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection.
- Participate and conduct design reviews of construction / installation drawings developed by vendors.
- Confirm accuracy, producibility and compliance to applicable codes and standards.
- Direct drafting efforts to complete design and construction / installation drawings.
- Observe the execution of construction to assure adherence to approved construction documents.
- Review proposals for change of work. Prepare independent cost estimate and recommendations as to the necessity for such change.
- Review contractor’s material submittals and substitutions, construction drawings and equipment / system installation manuals for conformity with construction contract requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Prior experience working in an industrial engineering environment.
- Familiar with the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70), National Electrical Safety Code (NFPA 70E), NFPA 101 Life Safety Code and IEEE Power System Design Standards.
- Working knowledge of HVAC and motor control systems.
- Experience designing power distribution and control systems for industrial facilities.
- Familiar with the basic design concepts associated with low voltage lighting control, fire alarm, and access control systems.
- Familiar with emergency lighting control systems and applicable life safety code requirements.
- Proficient technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Self-starter, results oriented, ability to multitask, strong detail focus.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:31st July 2018, 6:00 pm