The Sports & Active Lifestyle (S&AL) Sports & Active Lifestyle Innovation Intern ( 6 months) business unit is part of the NZMP ingredients business within the Fonterra Co-operative Group.
The proposed project is within S&AL medium/long term targets. The main outcome of the intern’s work will be a proposal on how we could develop a post-biotic product portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure with a global dairy company Apply today!
What You Will Do
- Review and analyse published literature on post-biotics (also called inactivated probiotics or heat-killed probiotics).
- Collect and review previous work done internally.
- Analyse existing post-biotics (or similar) products commercially available.
- Interact with S&AL Lead Nutritionist to understand how post-biotics can support the health of Sport & Active Lifestyle consumers.
- Interact with other S&AL functions, such as Solutions, to understand how a post-biotic product could be applied into functional foods.
- Interact with scientists from our Research and Development Centre to understand relevant work previously done.
- Work out a project proposal to develop a post-biotics portfolio.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate studying at a local University in Singapore with a major in Microbiology (or any similar degree with a strong focus on microbiology).
- Previous work or experience in probiotics or food microbiology (or related topic) is a strong plus (it could be academic project work part of the degree program).
- Positive and enthusiastic team player who can collaborate across cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to get things done.
- Self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English, Japanese is a plus but not essential.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm