Facebook is seeking an Electrical Test Engineer Intern to join our Compute Server Design Team. Our team is responsible for designing and validating next-generation server platforms to support our fast growing infrastructure demand at scale. Throughout the internship, the intern will be involved in the design process and work closely with other team members to thoroughly validate our customized server platforms while driving a project in the hyper-scale hardware space.
This role will provide the intern with an opportunity to gain hands on industry experience and solving open ended challenges. This position is located in our Menlo Park office. Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2019.
What You Will Do
- Become familiar with server architecture and hardware design.
- Deep dive into operational theory of circuits, power electronics, and/or signal integrity.
- Root cause hardware failures at Facebook's lab and/or data center by working with other engineers and external vendors.
- Develop test plans, execute validation, and publish findings to team.
- Identify impactful problems and introduce scalable solution with the support from team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a BS or MS degree in electrical or computer engineering or related field.
- Familiar with lab equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope & DMM) to perform electrical test on motherboards.
- Experience with troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware issues at board level.
- Detail oriented, collaboration and communications skills.
- Familiar with computer architecture and server systems.
- Familiar with schematic and PCB CAD programs.
- Prior experience in hardware design and validation.
- Knowledge of using Linux for testing.
- Job Type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:30th September 2018, 6:00 pm