Join Financial Accounting Advisory Services within Assurance and you will assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting business challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerates analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function that is the backbone of every successful business. If you are interested in experiencing what the next generation of finance professionals will be – technology savvy and fluent in accounting and financial reporting skills – this is the team that will provide you with a flavor of what’s in store in the near future.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team effectively to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us, we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
What you will do
About The opportunity
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team works with businesses and finance teams to address the risks of accounting, financial reporting and regulatory issues. FAAS teams serve as trusted advisors, both practical and innovative, to help our clients navigate through accounting and financial reporting challenges driven by the ever changing technological, economic and regulatory landscape.
Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS intern, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting FAAS executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients and other service lines in EY. You enjoy challenging the status quo; and providing alternative viewpoints and solutions to problems. Leveraging off our delivery tools and service enablers, you will assist to plan, execute projects and play a key role in the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
- Working closely with the FAAS team to support the execution of account strategies
- Conducting research on client background and industry trends
- Preparing proposals and presentations relating to engagements
- Supporting the planning and execution of the various projects to ensure the successful delivery of service offerings to our client
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Pursuing a Masters/Bachelor degree in Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Analytics, Data Science or other related background
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Solution-oriented with a “go-getter” personality
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior work experience is not required
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong interest in accounting and accounting change implementation
- Enthusiasm in drawing insights and trends from financial data, combining data analytics with accounting and financial reporting skills
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Job Type:Internships
Accounting, Economics, Banking and Finance, Statistics,...
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:19th September 2018, 6:00 pm