Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Forensic & Integrity Services.
What you will do
About The opportunity
Our leading edge Forensic & Integrity Services are looking for candidates in the technology division, Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (FTDS) team. We provide leading technology and expertise in data driven support of complex litigation cases and business issues, allowing our clients and their counsel to make informed, strategic decisions. The scope of our work is wide ranging including dispute resolution, financial crime investigations, anti-money laundering, transaction monitoring, and investigating bribery / corruption cases.
EY is on the cutting-edge of current trends in fraud and forensic investigations and we serve as a quality-focused liaison between our clients and the law. We have a strong presence in Asia Pacific, including Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines including being part of a global network of over 1,000 forensic services professionals within the EY global organization.
Your key responsibilities
You will help clients detect and prevent against fraud by leveraging knowledge from their data for measurement of fraud risks and losses, prevention, continuous monitoring, detection and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and abuse, financial crime, regulatory breaches and other forms of non-compliant or improper and wasteful activities.
In your role as a Data Analytics Associate you’ll be:
- Consulting for Global Fortune 500 companies on engagements and carrying out both reactive and proactive forensic analysis
- Applying advanced modeling techniques in the development of fraud risk models, leveraging statistical computing languages
- Working with a diverse team of professionals using cutting edge forensic technology in our digital forensics computing lab and hybrid forensic data center
- Helping our clients derive insightful knowledge from their data to identify, reduce, and manage their fraud risk
Required Skills and Abilities
Skills & attributes for success
Your experience in business intelligence combined with data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, development of statistical models and ability to craft best of class solutions to allow our clients and their trusted counsel to make informed data driven decisions.
Required Skills and Abilities
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Bachelor's degree in an Information Management, Business Intelligence or statistics with a strong computer programming component
- Knowledge of BI tools like Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview is preferred
- Proficiency in statistical computing languages like R and Python
- Possesses strong analytical and organizational skills, confidence to work with experienced staff
- Good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Some travelling is required
What we look for
- Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Management, Business and Commerce, Statistics
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:19th September 2018, 6:00 pm