Do you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving big decisions using data and models? Expedia Group’s big data platform will be your playground. We apply state of the art techniques to large datasets in order to understand the ever-changing online travel market.
Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), the B2B partnership brand of Expedia Group, unlocks the power of Expedia Group for thousands of partners around the world. We reach out across many sectors – from retail travel agents, financial institutions and airlines to loyalty organizations, online travel agents and corporate travel management companies – using our expertise to fuel our partners’ growth.
What’s in for you? - You will work in analyzing business trends and identifying ways to improve performance in the fast-growing APAC region, as well as developing analytical tools to spot insights and drive change.
What You Will Do
- Be an analytical partner to the entire organization, from different groups and teams in the business (Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Operations), providing data-driven insights to the leadership team and external partners.
- Understand business problems, identify the key challenges, provide/prototype solutions, and solve using statistical analysis and tools.
- Define and solve problems by using the available data and reason-based assumptions.
- Turn massive amounts of data into action-oriented insights to help drive improvements for customers, for the business, and for our operations.
- Identify data sources, and correlate data across them, to develop insights that drive revenue-generating opportunities and operational improvements.
- Support, influence, and challenge business decisions with data and timely and insightful analyses.
- Communicate analysis findings and recommendations to colleagues, partners, and leadership in a clear, concise, and influential manner.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Anticipated graduation in 2021 with a Bachelor’s degree in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative fields.
- Competent in writing and working with complex queries in SQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An independent, motivated self-starter who will take ownership of own learning and resources.
- Enthusiastic to work in a diverse, global team across geographies and timezones.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak Japanese/Korean is a plus.
- Applied experience with data mining and analytic methods such as Clustering / Cluster Analysis, Factor Analysis, Regression Models, Logistic Regression, Predictive Modeling, optimization models are a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm