What you will do
- Holds responsibility to deliver to assigned projects in area of Acoustic and Vibration Analysis.
- Manage acoustic and vibration performance of products through effective use and ownership of Product Specification.
- Drive designs forward and ensure correct decisions are made at all stages of the design process through experimental validation, simulation, calculation, or any other relevant analysis methods.
- Manage related technical risk actively and provide mitigations as needed. Ensure timely closure of risk items (ie. FMEA) according to project development maturity.
- Resolve Problem Reports (FRACAS) in timely manner.
- Drive cross-project initiative leading to technical insights for more accurate and faster issue resolution.
- Provide technical oversight and coaching to junior members of team.
- Expected to resolve problems within project effectively while managing stakeholders’ expectations, in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
- Find the mitigations of issue(s) through systematic and thorough analysis, present findings to the cross-functional team to drive towards timely and elegant solution.
- Support departmental goals and long term technology road map. Plan and manage progress of actions, in order to deliver on time.
- Provide inputs to team goal setting.
- Expected to proactively identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement improvements.
- Identify and develop new opportunities/tools/methods with the aim of enhancing the performance, reliability, and time to market of Dyson products.
- Actively contributes to lessons learnt database to ensure sharing of past learnings.Continually seeks to improve technical capability to support the business growth.
Required Skills and Abilities
- At least a Bachelor degree in Acoustic/Physics/Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering or equivalent, preferred applicants to have a Master degree.
- A basic understanding of noise generation and attenuation, structural modal/harmonic analysis, rotordynamics, signal processing, and statistical analysis.
- Working experience with Fluid Dynamics and Failure Analysis would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency on measurement hardware and software for data acquisition, such as B&K Pulse, HEAD Acoustics, MATLAB, Simulink/Simscape, and LabVIEW is preferred.
- Competent in the use and application of CAD/CAE tools in general.
- Experience in the ANSYS/ACTRAN/COMSOL is preferred.
- Proficient in Six Sigma methodologies, and having strong statistical data analysis using tool such as Minitab is preferred.
- Ability to gather information systematically to establish facts and principles required to solve complex problems within the project.
- Demonstrate ability to provide independent viewpoints/argument to a problem, and ability to provide technical path forward.
- Able to utilize root cause analysis techniques during problem solving.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise task, coordinate the work of others.
- Able to identify technical risks within projects. Expected to suggest specific actions to mitigate risks. Able to lead FMEA sessions.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and coaching, and respond appropriately. Able to provide constructive feedback.
- Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, ability to tailor communication to suit different levels, and to persuade and influence others as needed.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Engineering Mechanical, Engineering Mechatronics
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:23rd July 2018, 6:00 pm