Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. We are Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
About your internship
Join us and you will be an integral part of our team. Over nine intensive weeks you will experience what it’s like to work for our international bank. During the internship you will gain a wide range of practical experience and also benefit from training courses, seminars and a variety of networking events. Successful interns will be invited to join the Deutsche Bank Graduate Programme.
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. Our ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation. We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
What you will do
Our interns are given the opportunity to learn about our business from different viewpoints, giving you a career advantage. Working on our day-to-day business as well as on special projects, you will contribute to the innovation of new ideas to help our customers achieve their financial goals. You will gain experience in different areas of our business and discover our market-leading solutions first hand. The internship is an ideal way of finding out whether a career in technology meets your needs and aspirations.
Areas in which you could work:
- Analysis: You will be supporting our clients with innovative projects and developing bespoke technological concepts to simplify business processes and make them more effective.
- Development: As a technical specialist, you should be proficient in at least one programming language. With the help of state-of-the-art technology, you will design and develop applications, look after quality assurance and conduct tests.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for bright minds with strong academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers.
Do you have an academic background involving engineering, mathematics or computer science?
- Are you interested in bringing together finance and innovative technology?
- Are you well-versed in working with MS Office and common applications or do you have programming experience?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and rapid comprehension?
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2018, 6:00 pm