Graduate Engineer Programme:
Engineering is the cornerstone of Cathay Pacific’s operation. Our team of ambitious and passionate graduates, experienced engineers, managers and industry-leading experts work together to ensure that we maintain our reputation as one of the best and safest airlines in the world.
About the Programme:
Our two-year, HKIE Scheme A-accredited Graduate Engineer Programme exposes you to our airlines’ engineering operations and cutting edge aviation technologies on some of the industry’s newest and most sophisticated fleets.
The Graduate Engineer Programme is based between our offices and engineering facilities, with plenty of exposures abroad. You will be rotated through functions in Engineering as well as receiving technical training and hands-on experiences from industry-leading experts, experienced managers and talent from across the globe.
What You Will Do
You will rotate around our Engineering department, where you will learn about our world-class fleet - including Boeing 747 and 777, Airbus A320, A330 and A350. Some of the work you might find yourself in during your rotations might include:
- Investigating a recurring technical defect on our fleet and find its remedy.
- Design layouts for our new aircraft cabins.
- Turn a new livery design into reality.
- Pitch our engineering services to other airlines.
- Take part in quality audits in an outport.
You will also be sent to Haeco for a 6-month hands-on training, working on the shop floor with our main maintenance provider. By getting your hands dirty and work alongside maintenance crews, you will appreciate how the work as an engineer is realised on our fleet. An added bonus is gaining handy life skills such as using hand tools efficiently!
The Programme Will Allow You To:
- Develop an understanding of the Engineering organisation; our purpose, structure, ambition, priorities, values and drivers.
- Build a broad understanding of core airline engineering processes.
- Develop basic engineering and business competencies to make sound engineering decisions.
- Progress towards meeting competency requirements for a professional engineer.
During the programme you will be mentored by members of experienced management, guiding you to grow on your competencies & towards becoming a professional engineer. You will attend classroom training on basic maintenance theories and fleet-specific knowledge, and professional skills training supported by The Learning Academy, Cathay Pacific’s centre for professional training.
You will be involved in a host of activities within the company- from running a racing team in the annual 24-hour Pedal Kart Grand Prix to showing off our newest aircraft to press & customers.
After the Programme:
Your development will not stop after the Graduate Engineer Programme. Upon successful completion of the programme, you will specialise in either our Operations or Programmes stream as an associate engineer, placing you well for further development to becoming a professional engineer and beyond.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An HKIE ACE recognised or Washington Accord accredited degree.
- Solid academic background.
- Right of abode in Hong Kong.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English. Mandarin is preferred but not required.
- Sound understanding of engineering concepts.
- Passionate about aviation.
- Adaptable to cope with a dynamic, diversified and multicultural working environment.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2019, 6:00 pm