Bloomberg is the market leader in providing high-quality data, news and analytics to professionals in business, finance and government. With over 17,000 employees in 192 locations around the world we are a truly global organization entering new markets, launching ventures and pushing boundaries.
The transparency Bloomberg brings to the financial markets is integral to our culture, our offices and our interactions with one another. We're measured by the quality of our contributions, not by a title. We don't need an open-door policy- we sit in open work spaces, shoulder-to-shoulder.
Who we look for
You're the first of your friends to know about a major economic event. You have an appetite not only to see the world but to learn what makes it tick. You establish relationships quickly and effortlessly and have a real desire for a career in a client-facing role. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum customer service.
It's rare to find an internship that gives you as much client exposure as our Analytics and Sales program will. Over the course of ten weeks you'll rotate between both departments, gaining an insight into what our graduate role has to offer.
On the Analytics Help Desk, our clients always come first. We provide round-the-clock support for Bloomberg Terminal users all over the world and across multiple industries. We interact directly with these clients daily, via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, answering their questions and conducting training.
Our clients rely on us to help them make better, faster decisions using the power of the Bloomberg Terminal. On any given day we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages.
The variety of the problems we solve is incredible. We could be working with a Portfolio Manager who's worried about risk, showing her how to use the Risk Analytics platform to find the most volatile securities in her holdings. At the same time, we may be chatting to a trader who needs help understanding the liquidity profile of two potential investments; so we teach him how to size them up against each other.
In Sales, we're the face of Bloomberg for our clients. Equally consultative and entrepreneurial, we're relied upon to manage existing client relationships, whilst being given the responsibility and autonomy to identify new business opportunities throughout the APAC region.
We make regular visits to our clients to support and train them, discovering new business leads by making prospecting calls and networking. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing market and to be successful, it's crucial we stay one step ahead, pre-empting our clients' needs and presenting them with ground breaking solutions, before they even know they need them.
Colleagues across the company depend on us to communicate new functionality and Bloomberg offerings to the market. We demonstrate how Bloomberg solutions will help our clients make the best investment/trading/business decisions, by making their day to day business smoother and more profitable.
What's in it for you?
- You'll have the opportunity to interact with clients, making valuable contributions by taking part in sales campaigns, promoting product features and prospecting for new business. Hands-on individual and group projects will allow you to experience how your full-time career could evolve.
- To round out your experience, you'll attend lunch and learn sessions, designed to teach you about our diversified group, and there will be plenty of opportunity to meet Bloomberg leaders at a variety of networking events. Of course we also want to give you the chance to get to know your peers, so you'll also take part in volunteering activities and social events with interns from other departments. Throughout the internship, you'll be supported by your line manager, buddy and your recruiter to ensure you receive regular feedback on your work and help navigating the company.
You need to have:
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets and passion to work in customer services in a client facing role
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with a strong interest in relationship management and sales
- The ability to work for 10 weeks from May - August 2020
We'd love to see:
- Proficiency in an additional language (Japanese / Vietnamese / Bahasa Indonesian / Thai) to work with clients in the respective local markets
- Work experience in a client facing role
- Interest in technology
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Application deadline: 31st October 2019
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg".
Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
Singapore Permanent Resident, Singapore Citizen
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2019, 3:59 pm