The Desktop Build Group is a team which works very closely with Bloomberg's Sales and Product departments to help in increasing our clients' dependency on our product by creating desktop solutions revolving primarily around our Python/Excel APIs. Projects the team work on include assisting our clients in transitioning their worksheets from competitor-linked products to Bloomberg data, building sophisticated financial models that allow our clients to gain an edge in the markets as well as collaborating with Product Development to drive product enhancements.
What You Will Do
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in various aspects of the team, mainly working on developing new internal automation and collaboration tools to improve the efficiency of the team and have a direct impact on the way we can support Bloomberg clients. Candidates will get first-hand experience in working in a supportive, dynamic, global team and experience how widely used Excel/ Python financial models are created and deployed.
If successful, you may be eligible for a full time position either in this team or on one of our other full time programmes e.g. Engineering, Global Data, Analytics & Sales.
Required Skills and Abilities
At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and make a difference. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and enables clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
- At least a Bachelor’s in Computer Science with an inclination towards Finance or Economics.
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in Korean as well as professional level of English.
- Be available to work for 10 weeks, 40 hours per week, beginning June 21st to August 30th.
- A keen interest and understanding of financial markets and interest in financial data analysis.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm