What You Will Do
The Technology Summer Analyst Program offers development roles in Global Markets Technology & Operations division.
This line of business provides technology and operations solutions and support for the equities, electronic trading, rates and currencies, credit and structured products, commodities, sales and capital markets, and research businesses.
Under this division are the following lines of business where you will potentially be assigned (depending on the business need):
- Global Markets Operations Technology (GMOT) - Supports Global Markets Operations and Middle Office, plus external partners. Acts as the primary support for Global Markets Operations across Transaction Management, Confirmations, Settlements & Clearing, Corporate Actions, Payments, Operational Risk, P&L and Balance Sheet, and Reference Data. GMOT also provides support for Futures and Options, OTC Clearing, FXPB and GCAS Front Offices.
- Global Equities Technology - Leads the three primary businesses, active in 140 markets around the world - Execution Services (high and low touch), Client Solutions (derivatives) and Asset Management Services (prime brokerage, security lending and swaps). In addition, this group also covers Global Sales, Research, Capital Markets and the GBAM Mercury® Portal.
- Fixed Income Currencies and Commodities (FICC) Technology - Supports the Global Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC) trading and sales franchise that operates out of 25 locations worldwide, covering clients in more than 150 countries.
As an analyst, you will be exposed to a broad range of technologies covering many diverse environments with the opportunity to work across all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
You will be joining a development technology team that will challenge you to deliver and input solutions, creating or extending one of the many in-house software applications. These operate complex trading systems using languages such as Java, C++, .NET and Python to power and improve our business. In today’s market it is technology that turns trading strategy into a trading profit, putting us ahead of our competitors.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final year undergraduate/master student.
- Outstanding academic achievement.
- Major in computer engineering, computer science, information systems or related area.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Being comfortable with change and adjust to changing demands and requirements.
- Strong team player and client focused.
- Demonstrate energy and drive.
- Show a keen interest and passion in Computing and Technology.
- Strong programming foundation in OOP and knowledge of platforms such as UNIX, Windows, databases, Java, C, C++, C#, .NET and other technologies.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Information Systems
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:28th September 2018, 6:00 pm