Apple is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to be part of Apple’s Product Design Group.The group is involved in all iPhone, Apple Watch, Mac and iPad products from early concept generation through product end of life. The engineer will be based in Shanghai or Shenzhen in China.
- 1-3+ years experience in product design (preferably consumer electronic products i.e. Handheld/portable device)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Deep understanding of material knowledge
- Proven ability in plastic and metal part design.
- Working knowledge of finite element analysis theory
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills in English
- Self-motivated and willing to take challenges to new technology
In this highly visible role, you will utilize your mechanical design engineering skills to bring products to the market. This includes the following:
- Negotiating and collaborating cross functionally with various departments, such as Industrial Design, Product Integrity, EE, Manufacturing, SW, and technology groups to refine and execute the vision for the product
- Developing deep technical knowledge in areas outside your realm of expertise to understand other teams’ design constraints and craft creative solutions to technical problems
- Collaborating with outside vendors and internal manufacturing experts to optimize designs for function, aesthetic, and manufacturability
- Utilizing 2D and 3D CAD to communicate design intent and inspection requirements
- Insuring fit, form, and function throughout the life of the product through stress and tolerance analysis, DFMEA, prototyping, testing, and failure analysis
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent MS or PhD is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 3:59 pm